Saturday, October 30, 2010

My dress has been found!

I worked my way through my massive list of favorite dresses and slowly began rejecting dress after dress. 

Here are some of the rejects:
I figured out later a friend wore this for her wedding. I liked it better on her.
Not in love... This was a very heavy dress
 
One of the final three, heavy and just not feeling it.

Finally it came down to two dresses. Two dresses that I had the boutique bring in just so I could try them on. Each one had its own features that I liked. I spent close to forty minutes in the dress that I was favoring, talking it through with the boutique owner trying to figure things out. And I had one terrifying moment where I wondered if I was going to be able to get a dress that had all the elements I wanted.


But I did, and it's ordered and I love it. Now I can't tell you the designer or what it looks like since David will most likely see this. Nor can I post any pictures or video. Sad I know. I can tell you though that I feel great having this checked off the list. A weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Now I'm in the hunt for some hot heels, jewelry and a veil.   

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to see and you will be a absolutely beautiful bride! Although you would be a beautiful bride in a gunny sack as well.
    :-) I am so glad you found a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you found THE dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete