I traveled down to Tacoma on Sunday with my good friend Kimberly for a fall wedding expo. It was crazy! I was given a bag when I walked in the door along with a red heart shaped sticker that said 'bride' and that instantly made me the most sought after person at every booth we walked by. We met lots of photographers, snapped a few pictures of some reception table decorations and signed up for lots of free things.

I put deposits down on tux rental packages through Men's Wearhouse, who happened to be giving away a free suit or rental to the groom. The Tux Shop who was also offering great specials on all the rentals and also free rental to the groom. A $10 deposit seemed worth it to me. So I'll have to do some more investigating to see which place is worth our time and money.
The Search Begins
We made it through most everything by afternoon, and as we were sitting at lunch we were talking about some of the dress designers we had seen. After a little research, thanks to the iPhone, I made a last minute appointment at one of the stores.
Slightly nervous and excited I tried on my first set of wedding dresses. I found I love satin; it has to be soft, that's my one stipulation with fabric. I tried on some fuller A-line ruched dresses, loved the simplicity of them but I also like the more form fitting dresses that weren't as full. Kimberly pulled a satin one that I was in love with. It was so gorgeous! But just missing something. So we'll see I think I need a happy medium between the two styles. I do want to try on some different styles that I haven't tried on before though too. I'm really excited to make more appointments and continue my search.
Back in the mode
By Monday night my mind was spinning with details. Sending emails, booking appointments, checking out details for vendors and adding to my growing list of things to do. I'm definitely back in the wedding planning mode! This weekend is very full and kinda crazy for me so I think at best the only thing I'm going to be able to work on is some more research online. We're in search of a caterer so if you guys have any recommendations I would love them!
Until next time...
Until next time...


No comments:
Post a Comment