I took my bridesmaids to find dresses last week. After a disaster of a trip to Alicia's Bridal (was not impressed) we ended up at David's Bridal. It was oh so fun! I spent one night with my friend, Kimberly and was able to scope out all the dresses and get an idea of what the girls might end up picking. Kimberly had success and then the next day I took the rest of the girls and we had sooo much fun. Tons of laughter and success! All the girls found dresses that they look amazing in and are unique to each of their bodies. They will all be the same color but each a different style. I knew going into it that I wanted the girls to be comfortable and look good. That is why I picked the color and let them go. I feel like it was an awesome choice because not only does each dress fit each girl perfectly, but it also matches their personality. We had a great dinner after and I can't remember the last time we laughed that hard. We definitely walked away with a lot of stories from those two days. :)
David and I have had some struggles lately with nailing down the catering. And after some very discouraging days things are looking up. We're coming down the homestretch for finding all our vendors and booking stuff. Only a few more things and then we won't be worrying about a lot of it until the week of the wedding.
We went and registered at our first store yesterday. That was when it really set in that I'm getting married and will be soon moving out of my family home and into sharing a place with David. There I stood in the decor aisle of Target thinking to myself that we were registering for stuff for OUR place. It became very real to me and that moment. Be oh so excited! David and I had a lot of fun scanning things throughout the store. We still have a couple other places that we'll have to hit up soon.
We were also able to talk with a local jeweler about making a wedding band to go with my ring. Because David bought my ring individually and there was no band to go with, we are forced to have a custom one made. We had talked with Kay Jewelers but I really didn't like the idea of sending my ring off for more than two weeks while they made a mold of it. So I was so excited that we found someone local who will make one for me and only had to keep my ring for a day. Not to mention that it will be a lot less money than Kay Jewelers. I was able to see a mold of the band against my ring today when we picked it up. It's exactly what I wanted and made me so excited to see it together even if it was only just a mold. So a couple weeks and I should have that.
Oh and my dress still hasn't come in yet. :( It makes me sad and also kind of worried. I think I will call on Monday and check on it again.
Well that's all I got for right now. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment